Wednesday 26th October 2016 marked the inaugural Master of Entrepreneurship Pitch Competition. From AgTech to platform technology to manufacturing, the next generation of Australian startups competed for one of two $10,000 prizes.
This was a momentous occasion for the inaugural cohort of The University of Melbourne’s Master of Entrepreneurship students. After dedicating a year to maximising their startup potential, the students pitched ideas they developed in the subject Create Your Own Enterprise. The pitches were judged by an experienced panel of entrepreneurs and business leaders:
And the winners were two teams with female founders:
$10,000 Credit Suisse ‘Best Startup Pitch’ Award
MimicTec: AgTech startup developing a physical product to improve the productivity and animal welfare in poultry farming.
$10,000 CMB Capital ‘Best Startup Pitch’ Award
Teenyco: Revolutionsing the way parents visualise and connect with their babies pre-birth.
MYOB People’s Choice Award
- 1st Place: MimicTec
- 2nd Place: Mas Cosmetics
- 3rd Place: The Baby Club
Here are all the startups that presented:
- Mind My Business: Online platform connecting overworked small business owners with skilled Relievers who are able to Mind the Business. FOUNDER: Rosie Downie, Susan Sheldrick. CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mas Cosmetics: Solving face and skincare problems for dark skinned women in Australia. FOUNDER: Gemeh Kromah Masoneh Trawally. CONTACT: email@example.com
- The Baby Club: Designing and selling a modular Baby Pram that you can change the look and function of over time. FOUNDER: Rosh Ghadamian. CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MimicTec: AgTech startup developing a physical product to improve the productivity and animal welfare in poultry farming. FOUNDER: Eleanor Toulmin, Sarah Last. CONTACT: email@example.com
- m-Time: Giving busy parents more time for themselves by providing a Mum or Dadcierge to do cooking, cleaning chores and childcare on a subscription basis. FOUNDER: Sarah Agboola, Yan Ting Choong. CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Khorus: Bringing together promising artists with investors to fund high-growth arts and entertainment productions. FOUNDER: Kade Greenland. CONTACT: email@example.com
- GirledWorld: Building STEM, startup, and leadership pathways for girls aged 15-19 through events, mentoring, internships and educational tools for Australian schools. FOUNDERS: Madeleine Grummet, Edwina Kolomanski. CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teenyco: Revolutionsing the way parents visualise and connect with their babies pre-birth. FOUNDER: Bindi Raja. CONTACT: email@example.com
- Prymari: Prymari will democratise furniture design. FOUNDER: Mond Qu. CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Isabis: Bespoke, practical, and process-efficient interior design service. FOUNDER: Sharad Menon. CONTACT: email@example.com
- Ikora: Online fashion marketplace that creates a shop just for you based on your style and brand preference. FOUNDERS: Eamon Taaffe, Fiyona Alidjurnawan, Upeksha Narayana. CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, read how our female founders led the way on the night; bucking trends and making an impact!
For any media enquiries, please contact us on email@example.com
Wade Institute of Entrepreneurship is a leading centre for entrepreneurial education. We deliver programs to accelerate learning, creation and connection.